Get Ready for Election Season!
Illinois Campus Compact is excited to announce that we have partnered with the Campus Election Engagement Project. The Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) is a national non-partisan voter engagement project, which had a major impact in 2008 and 2012 and began addressing off year elections in 2013. CEEP helps America's colleges and universities get as many of their students as possible to register, volunteer in campaigns, educate themselves, and turn out at the polls. Together with CEEP, we work through administrators, faculty, staff, plus student leaders, helping them use their key positions to engage their campuses. We focus on students because they historically vote at lower rates than other groups particularly in non-presidential elections. And because when they begin to participate, their habits of involvement can last a lifetime.
For more information about resources and how ILCC can help your campus, please contact Amy Ludwig, firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources & Toolkits
- Barriers to Student Voting
- Campus Compact Templates & Badges
- Schoolhouse Rock "I'm Just a Bill"
- Schoolhouse Rock "Electoral College"
- TED-Ed "Electoral College"
- Trick or Vote
- Voter Participation Starter Kit
Related Civic Initiatives & Organizations
- American Democracy Project
- Association of Colleges & Universities
- Campus Compact
- Campus Election Engagement Project
- Campus Vote Map
- Campus Vote Project
- Center for Civic Reflection
- CIRCLE: The Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning & Engagement
- Common Cause
- Election Protection
- Fair Elections Legal Network
- League of Women Voters
- Liberty Central
- Long Distance Voter
- National Conference on Citizenship
- National Constitution Day
- National Issues Forum
- National Voter Registration Day
- Nonprofit VOTE
- Project Vote Smart
- Rock the Vote
- Student PIRG (Public Interest Research Groups)
- The Democracy Commmitment
- The Voter Participation Center
- U.S. Vote Foundation
- Vote 411
Who we are
Campus Compact member presidents are joined together in their commitment to the development of personal and social responsibility as integral to the educational mission of their campuses.
Campus Compact is a leader in building civic engagement into campus and academic life. Illinois Campus Compact is a state office of the national organization and our membership unites public, private, two-and four-year institutions across the spectrum of higher education. Illinois Campus Compact is housed at DePaul University in Chicago Illinois.
March, 2013 marked the begining of 20+ years of service to our campus communities. ILCC is proud of its long history of supporting the development of citizen students through service-learning opportunities on its engaged member campuses. Currently Illinois Campus Compact has 40 member campuses. Illinois members are also part of the National Campus Compact, a coalition of nearly 1,100 college and university presidents, representing some 6 million students.