Education and Tuition Assistance

To find out which education benefits are best for you, check out the Department of Veteran Affairs here   

The Department of Veteran Affairs can help the student pay for necessary tutoring and is a supplement to the student’s regular education benefit. Tutorial assistance is available if you are receiving VA educational assistance at the half-time or greater rate and have a deficiency in a subject making tutoring necessary: Tutoring Assistance Program

Post 9/11 GI Bill

• You may be eligible if you served at least 90 aggregate days on active duty after September 10, 2001. Generally, you may receive up to 36 months of entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill

Service requirements/Payment tiers percentage

Recipients will receive a Certificate of Eligibility outlining their eligibility percentage based on the number of years that they have served after Sept. 11, 2001.

• At least 36 months: 100% payment
• At least 30 continuous days of active duty: 100 % payment
(Must be discharged due to service-connected disability)
• At least 30 months, but less than 36 months: 90% payment
• At least 24 months, but less than 30 months: 80% payment
• At least 18 months, but less than 24 months: 70% payment
• At least 12 months, but less than 18 months: 60% payment
• At least 6 months, but less than 12 months: 50% payment
• At least 90 days, but less than 6 months: 40% payment 
*Excludes time served in Basic Military Training and/or Skill Training
To apply or find out if you are eligible, go to the Post 9/11 GI Bill link above.

How much will I receive? 

• Cost of tuition and fees, not to exceed the most expensive in-state undergraduate tuition at a public institution of higher education (paid to school)
• Monthly housing allowance equal to the basic allowance for housing payable to a military E-5 with dependents, in the same zip code as your school (paid to you)
• Yearly books and supplies stipend of up to $1000 per year (not for individuals on active duty) and
• A one-time payment of $500 paid to certain individuals relocating from highly rural areas 
* Based on your length of active duty service


Today's GI Bill
Information on the Post-9/11 GI Bill about program eligibility, calculating benefits, tuition assistance and tips for getting started in school. 

Yellow Ribbon Program
As part of 9/11 GI Bill, the Yellow Ribbon Program can make additional funds available for your education program without any additional charge to your GI Bill Entitlement. Through the link, find out if your school is participating in the program.

Licensing and Certification Reimbursement
If you’re eligible, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) can reimburse you for taking a license or certification test. 

Leave No Veteran Behind
LNVB is a non-profit service that works to relieve the educational debt of veterans who are serving and have served in the US Military. LNVB accepts private donations and can apply them directly to veterans’ student loan accounts. In return, veterans help through the program by giving back 100 hours of community service. Please go to the link to find out if you apply.

Military transcripts
Resource for understanding military credit recommendations, transcripts, and their use when transferring to an academic institution. Includes information about the amount of credit that you can receive for military training, how to obtain military transcripts and use the American Council on Education (ACE) system.

Go here to find out about additional tuition assistance for veterans and military families 

FastWeb can help find a scholarship for you 

 Compare lenders through eStudentLoans 

 Military scholarships 

Spoting scholarship scams 

This page does not yet contain any links.